How do parents ensure that their children get the best education possible - especially when US schools have become overburdened, test-driven institutions that rank only average worldwide?
|Photo courtesy of Ten Speed Press|
Decades of research confirm that greater parent involvement leads to better students. But what does that look like for today's busy families? What can parents and grandparents do at home - and at school- to make a difference? And how much involvement is too much?
Written from a parent's candid but balanced perspective, The Parent Backpack for Kindergarten through Grade 5 demystifies our daunting education system and offers insights and strategies parents need to help their children succeed. This straight-talking guide by ML Nichols, a parent educational consultant and mother of two, belongs on every family's list of back to school supplies.
The Parent Backpack benefits everyone (school administrators, teachers, parents, and students alike) with tips and tools that help parents:
- Understand their critical role in their kids' education
- Communicate with teaches in respectful ways
- Encourage a love of reading in children
- Minimize homework meltdowns and disorganization
- Distinguish between learning and achieving
- Support a child who struggles
- Help kids navigate social and bullying situations
- Fuel children's minds and bodies so they can thrive
Full of real stories and proven strategist, The Parent Backpack is destined to be a go to favorite for families who want to make sure their kids get the best education possible.