New food items added to U.S. Cellular Field offerings for 2014 season
CHICAGO - Building off of the already unique food offerings at U.S. Cellular Field, the Chicago White Sox two concessionaires will debut an expanded menu for fans on Opening Day, Monday, March 31.
"Providing fans with the best experience possible includes offering a variety of the best ballpark food," said Brooks Boyer, White Sox senior vice president of sales and marketing. "We are excited to improve our food offerings at U.S. Cellular Field to offer new, fresh food items to White Sox fans."
Sportservice, the official retail and concession operator of the White Sox, will feature its new menu offerings on the ballpark's 100-level and 500-level. Fans can look forward to enjoying pierogies, cinnamon pretzel bites and a Guinness float in addition to the following new concession items:
- Pork Chop Sandwich: This classic Chicago sandwich features a seasoned, boneless pork chop served with grilled onions on a corn-dusted Kaiser roll. This will be offered at the Grill Stands in center field and sections 122, 140 and 524.
- Adobe Mango Chicken Sausage: This new specialty sausage consists of all-natural chicken sausage mixed with mango and adobe chilies. It can be found at the Bobak's portables in sections 117, 126, 139 and 534.
- Xfinity Zone Carved Sandwiches: The new gourmet sandwiches will be available at The Xfinity Zone Bar and Carvery in section 107. The first is the Supreme Corned Beef, which is served on marble rye and topped with jalapeno-ranch cole slaw, Swiss cheese and Thousand Island dressing. The second sandwich is the Ultimate Turkey Club, which is served on 7-grain wheat and topped with bacon, jack cheese, avocado, lettuce, tomato, red onion and an apricot chili aioli.
- Bacon-on-a-Stick: Thick cut, premium Danish bacon seasoned with black pepper is now available at the two Burger Barn locations in sections 112 and 528.
- Beggars Pizza: A new partnership with Beggars Pizza is bringing freshly prepared cheese, pepperoni and sausage pizza to U.S. Cellular Field's Pizza Stands in sections 101, 124, 154, 163 and 522. A gluten free pizza will also be offered.
- New Beer Offerings: The following beers will be available this year at U.S. Cellular Field: Revolution Anti-Hero IPA, Lagunitas IPA, Lagunitas Day Time Pale Ale, MillerCoors Smith and Forge Hard Cider, Miller Fortune, Veteran Beer Company Blonde Bomber Ale and Bell's Two Hearted Ale.
Fans enjoying the Club Level, Diamond Suite or Stadium Club experience at U.S. Cellular Field can enjoy Levy Restaurant's traditional menu as well as its newest menu items including:
- Bacon Mac and Cheeseburger: This reinvented ballpark classic includes a signature ground beef blend steakburger served with a scoop of creamy bacon mac and cheese.
- Banana Split Sundae Helmet: An eye-popping three-pound banana split features four scoops of vanilla, chocolate and strawberry ice cream. It is drizzled with luscious caramel and strawberry sauces and chocolate syrup then topped with whipped cream and cherries.
- Chicken and Waffle Sandwich: Crispy cornflake breaded chicken served between two house-made waffles and brushed with honey butter and maple syrup.
- Cinnamon Bites: Soft cinnamon pretzel bites served with sweet vanilla ice cream.