Palos Community Hospital Offers Babysitting TrainingPalos Community Hospital is offering the Red Cross Babysitter’s Training course, which is a great way for young people, ages 11 to 15, to build self-esteem and develop leadership, decision-making and communication skills. This $55 class is fun and fast-paced with hands-on activities, role-plays, and lively discussions.
The course teaches young people how to:
- Supervise children and infants.
- Perform basic child-care skills such as diapering, feeding and dressing.
- Choose safe, age-appropriate games and toys.
- Identify safety hazards and prevent injuries.
- Care for common injuries such as burns, cuts and bee stings.
- Communicate effectively with parents.
The one-day class will meet from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, June 12, at Palos Community Hospital, 12251 S. 80th Avenue, Palos Heights. Participants are asked to bring a lunch. To register your child, call (708) 226-2300, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Monday through Friday.